Sunday, March 29, 2009

I don't think it will be the last!

well today has been an eventful day! I have not been feeling that well since yesterday so I was just laying down this morning on my bed and letting Alissa and Calan run up and down the hallway by my room. Well Alissa came running in our room and tripped over something in the doorway and fell forward and hit her head on the corner of the metal bed frame. I picked her up immediately cause I knew it had to hurt and held her in my arms asking her if she was OK and she was just screaming. When I looked down there was blood EVERYWHERE!!! all over my arm and her face and in her hair and it looked really weird at first like her skull was caved in and I FREAKED out and handed her off to Randy and left the room to freak out in private I was saying to my self "oh my gosh that's bad what do I do what do I do? we have to get her to a hospital" You would have thought my motherly instincts would kick in but they had the opposite effect on me and i FREAKED! when i calmed myself enough to go in and check on her randy had a rag on her head to stop the bleeding and when he lifted the rag off you could see the bone. I gathered the other kids together, which by the way Bailee was crying and was all worried about his baby sister, and we headed off to the emergency room to have stitches. she had to get about 3 or 4 inside and about 10 outside and screamed every second. I felt so bad because she had to be strapped down and they only put this stuff with a cotton ball on to numb it and didn't give her any shots to numb it and me and Randy kept thinking that maybe she could feel it but the doctor kept telling us that she couldn't. needless to say she survived the whole ordeal as did I and she is running around again like nothing ever happened. I think some doctors and nurses at the er are starting to recognize us! this is her first stitches visit and I don't think it will be her last!


All these pictures were taken after the stitches when we got home and took the bandage off. I wish we could have taken some before the stitches to show you how bad it looked but as you can imagine I didn't have time to grab my camera!

This is after we cleaned it up a little but its still hard to see the actual stitches.



These ones were right when the bandage came off and we hadn't cleaned off all of the blood after the stitches

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Head wounds are the worst, they bleed so bad and most of the time look worse than they are. I probably would have freaked too! I dont think I could hold my baby in my arms and see her bleeding and in pain and stay calm. I am glad she got stitched up and is doing better.

    ReplyDelete